A Hole in the Middle of the Sea song is an adorable song about frogs.
A Hole in the Middle of the Sea song is perfect to use when teaching a Frog thematic unit to preschoolers and kindergarten students.
A Hole in the Middle of the Sea song is a simple and easy song for young learners to follow.
It works just great for circle time!
The lyrics to A Hole in the Middle of the Sea song can be found in our Songs & Lyrics section. Feel free to print as many as you need.
1. Have the students form a line in the middle of the classroom.
2. Tell the students they are going to play the Leap Frog game .
2. Have the kids crouch down as small as they can.
3. The child that is last line will be the “frog.”
4. Play A Hole in the Middle of the Sea song.
5. As the song is playing, the student at the end of the line will leap up and leap over all the other students.
6. When the student gets to the front of the line, have them crouch down.
7. The next last student at the end of the line now becomes the “frog.”
8. Continue the game till all the students have a chance to be the “frog.”
After the song is over, introduce a really fun craft to the class.
This Frog Craft is simple, easy, messy and fun for kids to make and a wonderful follow-up activity to the Frog song.
So, what are you waiting for?
Let’s make Frog art!
Craft items you will need:
- Frog template
- Green construction paper
- Googly eyes
Option 1: Using green construction paper, have the children draw a frog.
Option 2: Print the Frog template on green paper.
Once the children are ready, have them dip a toothbrush in paint.
Then, have the children flick the toothbrush all over their green frog.
After that, have the children dip Q-tips in paint and spot their frog.
When dry, have the children glue on the googly eyes.
And, voila, the children have now made Frog art!
We hope you’ll find a lot of ways to use There’s a Hole in the Middle of the Sea song as a teaching tool at home or in the classroom with kids of all ages.